BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Enya dines at Leo's Tavern
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
...ready for it
post Jun 3 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Multi-million album selling singer Enya caught many pub goers and diners by surprise who were out for a night at a West Donegal pub at the weekend when she appeared with members of her family.

Enya, 49, was joined by family members including her dad Leo, mum Baba, sisters Bridín and Deirdre and brother Bartley for a quiet meal in her Dad’s famous pub – Leo’s Tavern – at Meenaleck, West Donegal.

The Donegal star, estimated to be worth £85 million, rarely ever makes a public appearance at the pub but does spend time with her family at nearby Dore every Christmas and usually in May, around the time of her birthday. She lives in her castle mansion at Killiney, South Dublin.

Her dad Leo, 86, has just recently returned home from a lengthy stay in Letterkenny General Hospital following a period of illness but was said to be in fine form at the family night out.

It was on the stage in Leo’s Tavern that Enya, Moya Brennan and Clannad commenced their careers in their youth when they often joined dad Leo for singsongs. The pub attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world annually because of its association with singer Enya. Many come in a hope of catching a glimpse of the star.

Pub goers on Thursday night were surprised to see the star enjoying the night out in the main lounge area and described her as “looking relaxed.”

One punter who was there for a quiet drink said it was nice to see the family having a quiet night out and that they all seemed to be having an enjoyable time.

“We’d not usually seen Enya here but she seemed in fine form enjoying the family night out. It was her birthday ten days ago. Some punters were hoping for a song but it didn’t happen. There was no singing or no interference from punters, just a quiet family night out,” she said.

Enya flew into Donegal Airport earlier in the week and was due to fly out again on Friday morning.

The pub has been recently featuring a series of fundraising concerts, headed by Enya’s sister Moya Brennan, to help an environmental group opposing the erection of a 110kv power line through west Donegal. Several of Ireland’s top singers have participated but Enya has not joined with them.

Further gigs are planned throughout the summer including one this coming Thursday featuring Brian Kennedy, Frances Black and the Celtic Tenors.

Source: http://www.irishdigest.com/?p=7348

Photo:

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post Jun 3 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426
Glad to know she had a nice family outing.....

+Quote this post
David
post Jun 4 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44
Ahhh that's nice to see...I'm surprised she doesn't go there more often though. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post Jun 4 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426
Some sad news to report, from the Leo's Tavern Facebook page, and from someone at Unity, who lives in Donegal, Leo Brennan's brother, I'm not sure who, passed away 3 June.....

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Jun 5 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
I wonder what's on the menu.

+Quote this post
TheSkeptic
post Jul 5 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 9,782
Enya looks old in that photo.

+Quote this post
El Sonador
post Jul 5 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 11,099
So... what?

This post has been edited by El Sonador: Jul 5 2010, 08:05 AM

+Quote this post
TheSkeptic
post Jul 6 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 9,782
So she looks old! She usually looks ageless, but it seems as if age is catching her a bit.

At any rate, I hope she treats us to some new music this year.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:13 AM